7 Fascinating Facts About YouTube Video Views
400 hours of video is uploaded on YouTube every single minute of the day. With this amount of traffic you would expect a large number of videos to generate a high number of the total YouTube views on the site. The truth is that only 5% of the videos posted on YouTube are driving most of the views.
According to Tubular, there are 58.6 million YouTube videos on YouTube with more than 10,000 views. All these uploads put together have generated more than 7.4 Trillion YouTube views on the social media platform. Only 5% of 1.1 Billion videos on YouTube are generating almost 8 trillion views.
While there are around 59 million videos attracting over 10,000 YouTube views, there are only a handful of videos generating view counts in the hundreds of millions. The beginning of September 2015 the Internet welcomed its 8th video to reach 1 BILLION YouTube views. Meghan Trainor better known for her hit single Dear Future Husband joined the 100 Million Views Club which includes the likes of Psy, Justin Bieber, and Taylor Swift in one of the most exclusive societies in the world, the ‘YouTube Billion Views Club‘.
Here are 7 Fascinating Facts About YouTube Video Views
- 58Million YouTube videos are responsible for 95% of views on the site
- 400 hours Of YouTube videos are uploaded to the site every minute
- There are 8 videos that have now surpassed 1 billion views *All Music Videos
- YouTube attracts more viewers aged 18-49 than any U.S. cable network on mobile devices
- More than 50% of all YouTube views are from handheld devices
- YouTube now has over 1 Billion users
- The avg. time people spend on YouTube per session is 40 minutes
- Music & Movies are the most searched for keywords on YouTube
5 of the Most Viewed Videos on YouTube – Over 1B Views
The top 5 most watched videos of all time belong to professionally produced and marketed music videos. Here are the list of the top 5 YouTube videos of all time:
- Psy: Gangnam Style – 2,406,688,654 Views
- Justin Bieber: Baby – 1,207,377,406 Views
- Taylor Swift: Blank Space – 1,129,447,206 Views
- Katy Perry: Dark Horse – 1,086,631,431 Views
- Katy Perry: Roar: 1,049,137,307 Views
Psy’s “Gangnam Style” YouTube video received so many views that the YouTube view counter couldn’t keep up with the numbers. YouTube Engineers for the site had to update the maximum view limit from 2,147,483,647 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,808.
In conclusion YouTube will always remain the number Video Upload website on the web. They are always thinking of new ways to make it more interactive for users to upload there YouTube videos. They keep on increasing the maximum allowed video size almost every month. With the speed increasing at this rate in 10 years, you’ll probably be able to store your whole life day by day into YouTube. More regular people will become famous from YouTube than any other platform available online. When it comes to buying youtube subscribers or people buying youtube views, the industry will probably change in the next couple of years. YouTube will make it harder for people to buy youtube views from providers. They made start taking all these service providers to court or try to shut them down because of advertising false promotion. It might or might now happen, it all depends on which way Google/YouTube is interested this issue.